Search
Close this search box

Three Dead After Supply Boat Sinks Near Singapore Terminal

Three people died after a supply boat sank near Singapore’s Pasir Panjang Terminal following a collision with a landing craft.
The Port of Singapore

SHARE ARTICLE

Three people died after a supply boat sank off Singapore’s Pasir Panjang Terminal on Friday morning following a collision with a landing craft.

The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore said the accident occurred at around 09:30. Search and rescue teams from the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, Police Coast Guard, and Singapore Civil Defence Force Marine Division were deployed after the collision.

Authorities said the Police Coast Guard recovered three bodies from the water. The deceased are believed to have been crew members of the sunken supply boat and were aged between 38 and 53.

A paramedic from the Singapore Civil Defence Force confirmed all three deaths.

Search and rescue work remained underway, including diving operations, to determine whether any other crew members were missing.

The landing craft involved in the collision remained stable, and no injuries were reported among its crew.

The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore said port operations were not affected. Navigational warnings were issued to advise vessels to stay clear of the area.

Authorities are continuing investigations into the cause of the collision.

The incident follows other recent maritime cases in the region, including a container vessel sinking near Indonesia’s Batam island and a separate pleasure craft incident off Singapore’s Southern Islands earlier this year.

Editorial Note:
This article was prepared with the assistance of AI tools to enhance clarity and efficiency.
All information has been reviewed and verified by the HMT News editor.
Hanwha Ocean established four overseas subsidiaries in the first half of 2025 as it expanded its offshore wind business into WTIV ownership, operations, power sales and project development.
Indonesian authorities said 212 people were rescued after a fire aboard KM Putri Yasmin in the Lombok Strait, while one person died and SAR operations were set to resume.
Seatrium reported a 158% rise in 1H2026 net profit to S$373 million, while revenue increased to S$5.6 billion and its net order book stood at S$13.3 billion.

Subscribe to HMT WEEKLY

Receive HMT WEEKLY in your mailbox.

Heavy Marine Transport News, Delivered Daily — Stay informed on shipping, offshore, and global logistics.

SECTION

INFORMATION

CONTACT

For general inquiries and to contact us,
please email: info@hmt-news.com